21 Oct 2011

Dewey's Read-a-Thon, Reading Selection

Tomorrow's the day! In case you hadn't guessed, I'm very excited about Dewey's Read-a-Thon. So far it's been great fun every time I've participated in it :) This will be my third time - the last two times I managed around 4-5 books and 1000'ish pages, so I'm going to aim for that this time too, but not setting myself any specific goals - after all, the point is to have fun! :-)

I've learned the hard way that light, short books are best, and that I need a larger selection than I'm actually going to have time for, in order not to limit myself. Not that there are any rules that you have to have picked out the books ahead of time, but I find that it motivates me to have a stack of books in front of me, and see it shrink as the day goes on :)

My selection this year will include, but not be limited to, some of the following
The Beasts of Clawstone Castle The Grounding of Group 6Lady Knight The Stolen Child Equal Rites Origins Babysitter's Club Dragonsinger

Let me know if you're going to participate too, so I can come cheer you on :)

No comments: