26 Apr 2021

Almost time for the April Readathon! 

  Hour 0 - Opening Survey!
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Copenhagen, Denmark.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Rebekka: Under Currents - the only one in my stack.
Michala: I'm missing 10 minutes of my audiobook! Looking forward to seeing how it ends.
Rosa: Vildheksen! Bought specifically for today!
Dad: The same Agatha Christy I said last time, but never ended up reading!
Mum: Tre piger i en bil
Henni: The Secret Inheritance by Natasha Lester - also the only book in my stack!
Me: Come Tumbling Down by Seanan McGuire - a Christmas present I saved for today!

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Michala: Rebekka's macaroons!
Everybody else: SAME!!!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
We have an extra visitor this year - Rebekka's oldest daughter Rosa has decided to join us, and she has been looking SO much forward to it!!! She and Rebekka even arrived early because she COULD NOT WAIT any longer (according to Rebekka, she's been asking to come over since 6:30 this morning!!!)

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Michala: Hopefully not getting a phone call that my son has to go in quarantine...
Rosa: Not reading alone!!!
Mum: Actually being here in person rather than over skype!
Dad: Yes, same!
Rebekka: Bring my daughter along!!!
Me: Nah, I've pretty much got it sorted by now ;)
Hour 2 Mixi finished her audiobook and then promptly decided to take a nap! ;-D One hour later, dad decided to follow suit - but then he does have the best chair of us all ;-) I'm just over halfway with "Come Tumbling Down" - have had a few problems settling down and getting properly into reading, but that's definitely not the fault of the book - it's just as good as I had expected it to be.

Hour 24 Completely forgot all about updating here. I didn't get quite as much reading done as usual - actually only finished two books - but there was more talking than usual (Rosa couldn't quite keep her focus for the entire time, but she managed admirably, until she fell fast asleep at 9pm!) and unlike most readathons, I didn't pick my book back up on Sunday morning. I loved having Rosa there though, and hope she'll want to join us again another time. It was also great to have Henni back! She's a great addition to the tradition :-D

Books read: "Come Tumbling Down" - Seanan McGuire, "The Strangers" - Margaret Peterson Haddix

No comments: