1 Jan 2008

Personal Challenge

I want to make it crystal clear before I even start that I do not expect to complete this challenge in 2008. I just took a look at the amount of owned unread books I have and said to myself "I have to do something about this!". So by mixing the 888-challenge and the TBR-challenge I've come up with this personal challenge.

No time-frame, just some sort of structure to my to-read shelf so I have an idea of where to start and where to end. I've structured it similar to the 888 challenge by having 8 categories of 8 books. The numbers are totally arbitrary, I just figured I'd give my self a bit of lee-way by 'only' using 64 of the 96 books I have. I want to get through at least half of these this year, but we'll see how it goes. It's not a 'proper' challenge, so it won't be listed in its entirety in the sidebars.

  1. Chick-lit
    1. Monday's Child - Louise Bagshawe
    2. When She Was Bad - Louise Bagshawe
    3. Where Rainbows End - Cecelia Ahern
    4. Hollywood Husbands - Jackie Collins
    5. Last Chance Saloon - Marian Keyes
    6. Little Earthquakes - Jennifer Weiner
    7. Goodnight Nobody - Jennifer Weiner
    8. Behaving Badly - Isabel Wolff
  2. Christian fiction
    1. Toward Home - Aasen
    2. Patterns of Love - Hatcher
    3. A Rush of Wings - Heitzmann
    4. Twilight - Heitzmann
    5. Love One Another - Valerie Hansen
    6. Matched Pearls - Grace Livingstone Hill
    7. Puritans - Jack Cavanaugh
    8. Waterfalls - Robin Gunn
  3. Pilcher / Binchy
    1. Light A Penny Candle - Maeve Binchy
    2. Whitethorn Woods - Maeve Binchy
    3. September - Rosamunde Pilcher
    4. Flowers in the Rain - Rosamunde Pilcher
    5. Snow in April - Rosamunde Pilcher
    6. The Empty House - Rosamunde Pilcher
    7. Voices in Summer - Rosamunde Pilcher
    8. The End of Summer - Rosamunde Pilcher
    9. Wild Mountain Thyme - Rosamunde Pilcher
  4. Sagas etc.
    1. The Color Purple - Alice Walker
    2. Looking Forward - Marcia Willett
    3. Holding On - Marcia Willett
    4. Winning Through - Marcia Willett
    5. Invitation to Live - Lloyd Douglas
    6. Green Light - Lloyd Douglas
    7. The Godfather - Puzo
    8. Battle Surgeon - Frank Slaughter
  5. Sci-fi/Fantasy/Suspense
    1. Xenocide - Orson Scott Card
    2. Equal Rites - Terry Pratchett
    3. Dragonflight - Anne McCaffrey
    4. Deception Point - Dan Brown
    5. Digital Fortress - Dan Brown
    6. Whiteout - Ken Follett
    7. The Web - Kellerman
    8. Bitten - Kelley Armstrong
  6. Classics
    1. Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe
    2. David Copperfield - Charles Dickens
    3. The Deerslayer - Cooper
    4. Robin Hood - Howard Pyle
    5. Ivanhoe - Scott
    6. Winnie-the-Pooh - A.A. Milne
    7. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Jules Verne
    8. Ben Hur - Wallace
  7. Historical
    1. The Red Tent - Anita Diamant
    2. Stolen Lives - Malika Oufkir
    3. Wild Swans - Jung Chang
    4. People of the Fire - Kathleen Gear
    5. Pompeii - Robert Harris
    6. Seven for a Secret - Victoria Holt
    7. Reunion - Frank Uhlman
    8. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
  8. Books I Just Want To Read But Fit Into No Other Category
    1. Kramer vs. Kramer - Corman
    2. A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini
    3. The Primrose Way - Koller
    4. The Pilot's Wife - Anita Shrever
    5. Atonement - Ian McEwan
    6. Perfect Match - Jodi Picoult
    7. Avalon - Seton
    8. Kirstens breve - Susan Moody

2 comments:

Book Dragon said...

I think this is a GREAT idea and I'm going to copy it (I really hope you don't mind. I've posted about it here.

Book Dragon said...

:-)