3 Jan 2020

Top Ten Books of 2019

The 10 (*cough*11*cough*) best books I've read in 2019.

In no particular order....
How to Be A Normal Person/Movie Star - T.J. Klune I can't pick one over the other. These are amazingly cute books that had me both laughing and "awww!"'ing out loud on numerous occasions.
Alpha - Audrey Faye I laughed out loud on numerous occasions. I cried on at least one. I grew to love the characters. I never wanted the book to end.
Into the Drowning Deep - Mira Grant The first book in ages where I actually thought about putting it in the freezer for awhile! I'm glad I read this in broad daylight (and on dry land!) because unlike most of her other books, this one terrified me!
Nine Perfect Strangers - Liane Moriarty I think this may be the best book I've read by Liane Moriarty yet. I loved the way it was structured, and while the ending perhaps demanded a bit suspension of disbelief, it worked within its own universe, and that's really all I ask.
Quiet Girl in a Noisy World - Debbie Tung A graphic novel about an introverted bookworm. Very charming and oh so relatable!
Portal - Fred Alvrez A sort-of sci-fi, sort of suspense, sort of post-apocalyptic novel set in New Zealand - what's not to like?
I Wish You All the Best - Mason Deaver A heartbreaking and poignant read about growing to be comfortable in your own skin and the sacrifices that might require.
The Unhoneymooners - Christine Lauren Predictable as, but so darn charming that I just didn't care :-D
The Flatshare - Beth O'Leary Possibly the best chick-lit I've ever read - and it's almost doing it a disservice to label it 'chick-lit' because it is so much more than your average romance. I laughed my way through it, and grew to truly love the characters. (Well... most of them, anyway).
Under Currents - Nora Roberts Really not a book that should be 'read' as an audiobook. I reached a huge turning point right at a point where I had to turn off my audiobook, and immediately bought the e-book, because I had to know what happened next RIGHT NOW!!!

For a full list of all books I've read this year - good and bad - you can find my 2019 Goodreads-shelf here.

No comments: