5 Jan 2021

Playlist for 2020



Direct link in case the embedding doesn't work

Perfect Disaster - Drew Sycamore
Lars has been listening to this a lot, and it's totally grown on me.

Already There - Casting Crowns
There as to be at least one song recommended to me by Simon on these lists, and this year is no exception. I love Casting Crowns, and the lyrics to this one just got to me. "When I'm lost in the mystery / To You, my future is a memory / 'Cause You're already there"

Courtesy Call - Thousand Foot Krutch
A Canadian Christian rock band. I'd never heard of them myself, but a friend from work played it for me because he figured I ought to know of them.

Hard to Be the Bard - Christian Borle
I found this via tumblr and was immediately hooked! I've never seen the musical it's from, but have seen Christian Borle in other things, and absolute adore him :-D

You're Welcome - Dwayne Johnson
After having watched the two new "Jumanji" movies, I've become a total Dwayne Johnson fangirl. Anybody who can make THAT much fun of himself is A-OK with me :D Then I saw him singing "You're Welcome" to his daughter, and I was sold ♥

Lions - Skillet
Terrify the Dark - Skillet
Two more recommendations from Simon. I kept waffling about which one to keep on here and could NOT make up my mind - so both it is :-D Somehow he always knows exactly what I need to listen to. Skillet is definitely not my usual fare, but they have a few songs that I love.

Good Grace - Hillsong
We started singing this in church right when the services went virtual. The start "People, come together" got me every time - not to mention "God is madly in love with you" :-)

Me Without You - TobyMac
Think I got this off the "War Room" sound track, although I'm pretty sure I've heard it before that. It's foot-tappingly good :D

Impossible - Building 429
We're never given the spirit of fear Only the power of love We'll keep on running and not grow weak His strength is more than enough
Also from the "War Room".
When we trust the God of miracles. There's no such thing as impossible.". Amen!

Break My Heart - Dua Lipa
Lars listened to this a lot at the start of the year. I was immediately hooked.

You've Always Been - Unspoken
Before my heart knows what to pray You've already made a way, Jesus You've been my Savior, Sustainer, when I'm at my end My Healer, Redeemer, again and again Everything I've needed Lord, You've always been
Another recommendation from Simon. I've reminded myself of this over and over again when life seemed bleak.

Wake Up - Julie and the Phantoms
My newest obsession - I had a really hard time picking out which song to use here (I also adore "Flying Solo"), but this was the song that made me fall in love with the show, so it had to be this one. If you haven't yet seen the Netflix series - what are you waiting for?!?!?

The Other Side - SZA & Justin Timberlake
The music from Trolls has absolutely no place being as good as it is.

Mama - Clean Bandit & Ellie Goulding
There HAS to be a Clean Bandit on this list apparently :-D It's one of the few artists who's a favourite of BOTH Lars' and mine.

Think About Things - Dadi Freyr
Iceland's entry at the did-not-happen Eurovision Song Contest. I didn't like it much at first, but it totally grew on me. Though the contest itself was cancelled, all the songs were aired in two long live streams on Youtube, so Lars and I could keep up our tradition of watching and commenting :-D

Story of My Life - Lesley Roy
Ireland's Entry to the ESC-that-wasn't and my personal favourite. I know it's a total Katy Perry rip-off, but....

Yes - Ben & Tan
Denmark's entry. I almost left this out of the list, but the more I listened to it, the more I loved it.

UNO - Little Big
Russia's entry and probably Lars' favourite. I cannot count how many times he's listened to this since! Their music videos are very much in the "I don't know how to process this!" category - this one and "Hypnodance" especially.

Banana Boat Song - Harry Belafonte
During the first lockdown, a friend from work set up a discord voice channel for a bunch of us, so we'd have a bit of company. It worked like a charm, and we got to share some of our favourite songs as well! (There's a bot that allows you to play music). This was his contribution, and I'm surprisingly fond of it.

They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa! - Napoleon XIV
Another friend from work introduced me to this one. It never fails to make me laugh!

No comments: